Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Don't let your nose touch the butter."

I guess if your face is at the same level as the counter and you really want to see what is going on, then a statement like this is appropriate. Or if you're a chef training another chef and offering advice on food handling etiquette, then this might slip out. Or if you're an adult doing some interesting stunts with breakfast foods then this would fit as well. So it looks like I'm saying that maybe this is one of those remarks that can really be all-encompassing. Hmm, I wouldn't have initially thought that, but after some consideration it seems as though what I said could be quite useful in a variety of circumstances. But then again, doesn't that apply to all the previous quotes as well??

2 comments:

  1. Well, that's actually more understandable than me asking my 10 yr old, "How do you get your toothbrush spray all the way to the top of the mirror everyday?" (top of the mirror is about 6 inches below the ceiling)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder the same thing about my kids' bathroom! I even found some dried toothpaste on the wall behind the door. Kids sure keep things interesting, huh?!

    ReplyDelete