Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Saturday, June 18, 2011

On the Road with Mommylingo

It's summer and summer for our family means some sort of trip. This year we're taking a road tripping adventure across a big chunk of the US and I'm inviting you to come along! Well, not literally, unless of course you live somewhere in Oregon or Michigan or Tennessee or any state along the way... If so, then you're welcome to join the adventure. But for those of you in other areas or not into traveling for hours at a time in a van with 3 kids, then you can share the joy just by reading.

I'm thinking of adding a few things to the blog, depending on how inspired I feel (also read: depending on how tired I am):

+ Some pics of local quirkiness and cool sights we encounter
+ Some tips for traveling with kids
+ Some tips on what not to do when traveling with kids


If you know of something cool we should see, do, eat, etc. along the way, I'd love to share it - along with your site/blog! Just send me your suggestions and you'll see a post about.


Our first planned stop is Missoula, MT at Splash Montana. We're heading out next week, so I hope to hear from you soon!

Next stop: Mount Rushmore, SD! Anything good to see there???

practicalmama@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. What part of Tennessee are you visiting? I grew up in Tennessee. Actually getting ready to go home this week for a wedding. I love Atlanta but I sure do miss those mountains at times!

    http://petercombs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, thanks for reading! Secondly, I just briefly perused your blog and I am already intrigued and moved. I'd like to add it to my list of 'must reads,' if you don't mind. Okay, now to answer your question: We'll be stopping in Nashville for a bit to see hubby's cousin and family, then to Chattanooga where the in-laws live. Mountains are nice, but I could do without the humidity!

    ReplyDelete