Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Tuesday, February 5, 2013

"Don't attack her with the pony."

Not much else to explain, right? If you have kids, have been around kids, know any kids, or were a kid yourself, then you know exactly what was going on here! Oh, even though I think I've become almost immune to the weirdness that can come out of a parent's mouth, I still crack up whenever I take a second to reflect on what was just said. I try and put myself in my kid-less brother's shoes and picture what he would think/hear/interpret from this stuff...and then I just laugh. Ah, the freedom of saying the most absurd things while keeping a straight face is truly enjoyed best while in the company of others!

No comments:

Post a Comment