Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Thursday, February 9, 2012

"No naked dance parties."

Wow, I'm that mom. Mrs. Lame-o. The we-can't-do-anything-fun-at-my-house mom. Buzz kill. The prudish, oh so dreaded party pooper. I mean really, what dorky parent would walk into a room where her/his children are supposed to be putting on their snow clothes and sees them all dancing around, in the buff, singing something about Snow, snow, we love to play in snow! and asks the most obvious question ever uttered by a parent, "What are you doing?" and then proceeds to make a blanket statement (see above) after they all respond happily that they're having an impromptu party? Huh?! I'm that fuddy-duddy (yes, I just used that phrase. maybe that, in itself, says enough). And you know what? I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment