Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"Your name's not 'Mr. Tushy.' Enough."

You know how sometimes something is funny that you're not supposed to think is funny and you try not to laugh, but you do, and then it turns into the focus of the conversation when what you really wanted was for it to just fade into obscurity? Yeah well that's what happened to me the other day at lunch. The kids were at the table and I was in the kitchen when our little comedian stood up, turned around, and introduced himself (in some accent I had never heard him use before) as Mr. Tushy. He apparently heard this word recently and thought he'd test it out on his siblings. And boy was it a hit. I thought I'd hang back a bit while the laughter died down, but it never did. And that's when it happened. I crumbled. I was weak. I held it in as long as I could but, all of a sudden, out of seemingly nowhere, came an audible chuckle. Honestly, I couldn't help it - he was hilarious! But that was all he needed. I knew I had to get myself together and act quickly before this became a regular routine and he took his show on the road. So I took a deep breath, walked to the table, said those very strange words to my son and sat down. Right next to Mr. Tushy (tee he).

No comments:

Post a Comment