Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Friday, May 11, 2012

"I don't want to measure your poop right now."

"Mooooommy, come here please." I walk upstairs and open up the bathroom door. "What's up?" "I just made a humongous poop!" my son exclaimed excitedly. "Good job, buddy." (what else am I gonna say?) "It's so big, you should look at it!" he continues, while holding up his hands to indicate an approximate length. "Oh, no thanks," I politely decline. "Okay, bye." "Wait, how big do you think it is? Can you go get a ruler?" Pause... (um, really? you want me to go find a ruler, stick it in the toilet, then somehow figure out the length of the poop you just made? and then what??) was what went through my mind. However, what came out of my mouth was that matter of fact statement that seemed to bring the whole strange discourse to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment