Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Monday, June 11, 2012

Be ready to cry...

This post is not funny at all, it's not about my kids, it's not full of fluff. It's about a little girl, it's about a family in pain, it's about strength and faith and helplessness. A dear friend from high school has a brother and her brother has a little girl and that little girl is fighting for her life as her mommy and daddy hold her and love her and tell her everything will be okay. As you know, I don't usually post about serious things but I figure that a few extra prayers for this family can only bring good. I've never met this little girl or her mommy but I feel their pain and my heart hurts for them. This story really touched me, maybe because I know half of them, maybe because I have a 5 year old too, or maybe just because. If that's all you need to know, then thank you for a moment of thought and reflection. If you would like to hear the full story, then stop by here: www.erikandkatekrull.blogspot.com ...but have a box of tissues at the ready. (for some reason I can't get the link to link, so if you search for "2 Kids, a Mini Van and a Mortgage" you'll find it) I'm going to go hug my kids now and thank the heavens for our health and return to our end-of-school busyness. Oh, and take a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment