Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Be ready to rejoice...

My last post was about Lucy, my friend's niece whose cancer had returned, whose parents were desperately trying to deal with chaos, whose life was hanging by a thread. And this post too is about Lucy, who now can see, whose parents now have renewed strength and hope, whose life now has been given back. If you haven't had a chance to read about this amazing story, here again is the link: erikandkatekrull.blogspot.com (or search "2 Kids, a Mini Van and a Mortgage". While we've been out camping, biking, playing in the water, this family has been going on a wild roller coaster ride that now seems to be slowing down a bit. They are not home free, by any means, but these last 10 days or so have been an incredible lesson in miracles, hope, and faith. Now that I've caught up on their latest adventures, I feel better about sharing our own craziness again. And after 6 days of camping with our own 3 kids, with 3 days together with 2 other families with 3 and 1 kids each, respectively, that's a lot of crazy. (my hubby's a math instructor so all those numbers are a shout out to him). So tomorrow, perhaps, I will relive some funnies from our trip. I will, that is, if I can get the laundry under control, the house back in order and the kids and myself cleansed of the lingering scents of campfires, food, and good ole b.o. Ha, who am I kidding?!

No comments:

Post a Comment