Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Saturday, July 10, 2010

"Do NOT play your kazoo on the plane."

This really needs no explanation. It's just one of those unwritten common sense 'rules' that you wouldn't think needed to actually be stated. But, once again, I stand corrected. We were on our first leg (of three) last night, coming back from our Florida trip. We'd been swimming and snorkeling and boating and generally just bumming around the beach for a week. The grandparents had gotten all the kids some goodies for the 4th and one, naturally, was a kazoo. I tried my best to forget to pack them, but my daughter is pretty diligent about not forgetting 'things' so one made it on the plane. No big deal, really, she put it right away after only one blow but I was still a bit shocked to hear that distinct sound in an airplane. Well, we're home now and happy to just bum around here for a while, so I'll be better about posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment