Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"The longer you wait the more disgusting it gets."

I paused for a second, wondering just what my husband was talking about, but I couldn't figure it out. Then I heard, "It'll just get brown and then you'll really not want it." I had to go investigate, so I went downstairs to see this thing that was causing so much distress for my daughter. More..."Listen, if you eat it fast then it won't be squishy and gross and you can have something else." I look at my daughter who is standing in the kitchen with such a distraught look on her face, I didn't think her bottom lip could protrude any further. In her hand was the culprit: half a banana. I look at my husband who is calmly grading papers at the kitchen table. "She threw it in the garbage when I told her not to so I made her get it out and finish it. She can't just waste food like that." I nod in agreement. As I walk away I offer her these words of reason, "Just eat it fast, girlie," then I head out the front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment