Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Sissy said I used to drink milk from your boobies."

"Well..." was all my friend could get out before her 3 year old lost interest and walked away saying, "I gotta go feed the fish." I was actually kind of curious how my friend would respond but she never got the chance.

Here are some more sweet kid quotes:

"No mommy, take your hair off," my youngest pleaded with me in the van during our last road trip. We'd been in the car for a few hours and I was getting a little bored myself, so I started doing my hair in, what I thought was, creative ways, but he thought otherwise when he looked up and saw the ponytail on top of my head. I had apparently gone too far.

"Thanks for making me cute." Same cutie pie from above, said to her parents after a woman at a restaurant came over and commented on how cute all three kiddos were. So polite.

"Count in your head, I'm trying to relax." My daughter said to her older brother the other day. She obviously needed a mental break.

And the grand finale for today:
"Mommy, are mine gonna point down someday too?!" Here's the scene: Mom gets out of the shower, then 2 year old son, cowering in the corner, utters these words, horrified. Mom, only slightly offended, explains that A) They don't point down and B) He's a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment