Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Sunday, July 11, 2010

"Stop dancing around naked, we have to go."

Now, I have a feeling my hubby isn't the only person to have said this (although he said it to a 3 year old...not sure about some of you!). It's the classic tale: parent trying to get ready, child happier without clothes, parent holding on to undies while child jumps and laughs, child runs in a few crazed circles, parent patiently waits for child to tire, child oblivious and carefree, parent looks at clock and realizes show must end so parent makes a stand, child relents, and circus is over. Or something along those lines...

No comments:

Post a Comment