Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Saturday, January 15, 2011

"Dancing around under the blankets was not one of the options."

My husband had clearly stated what the kids needed to clean up and he even gave examples of some of the things they could do: take the chairs back to the kitchen, put the cushions back on the couches, return the toys to the toy room, etc. So when he saw our oldest shaking his stuff instead of cleaning, he simply made this statement and walked on. I managed to catch only a glimpse of my son emerging from the blankets and putting them on the sofa, but it was enough to see him still shaking his sweet head to whatever music he was hearing in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment