Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"You just made me dance in my pants!"

When my daughter gets excited she says funky things. And when she's playing, she really gets into character and comes up with rather bizarre thoughts. But she says them with such enthusiasm and sincerity that you can't help but feel what she's feeling. So when I told her some great news (like we'd be getting ice cream later or we were thinking about taking them swimming...) she immediately got this glow on her face and said the first thing she was feeling (as she energetically acted out her words). I love that about her - the freedom to say and do whatever is on her mind without caring how it sounds or even who is listening. So when I overheard her say the other day, in the most sweetest tone ever, "Sorry I'm touching your chicken, I just need to see something," I just smiled. But then, after a few moments, I heard her exclaim in a rather exasperated manner, "Oh don't leave your chicken in the doorway!" and I just had to go give her a big hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment