Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"Take the boots off your hands and put the shoes on your feet."

Sheesh. Remember when you were a kid and you liked to put feet items on your hands? Like socks and shoes and maybe even pantyhose? And you thought it was so fun and really funny and thought everyone else should be enjoying it as much as you? And you wanted to take the time to show off your absurdness (ha ha, look, i'm wearing shoes...on my hands!)? And you even tried to get your mom or dad to join in because it was just hilarious? Well, it's really not. Not anymore, anyway. Not when your 8 year old has your boots up to his shoulders and nothing on his feet and it's time to leave for school. Not when your 2 other kids are about to join in and strip the shoes off their own feet to wear them on their hands. Not when you already woke up with a headache and would rather be in your pjs sipping tea and not driving a van full of children to school because it's your day to drive in the carpool. Okay, so maybe I was a bit grouchy. Maybe I should have just laughed and cheered him on. Or maybe I could just surprise him and be wearing my flip flops on my hands when I go pick him up. Now wouldn't that be hilarious?!

No comments:

Post a Comment