Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Friday, January 15, 2010

"Don't lick your pizza" (how this all started...)

So my husband and I had gotten pizza for dinner one night a few years back and our son (2 at the time) was enjoying his slice, but was also playing around a bit. We would take turns 'reminding' him how to eat, wipe his mouth, etc... you know, the basics, when I looked over at one point and blurted out, rather frustrated, "Don't lick your pizza!" Now, what was peculiar wasn't so much what I had just said, but how my husband didn't bat an eye. We just kept right on eating as if what just came out of my mouth was a phrase that one would say to, perhaps, a co-worker or a friend in everyday conversation. A few months later I was relating this story to my brother who then suggested I keep a running log of other 'strange-yet-utterly-relevant-at-the-time' things I say to my children that, taken out of context, would sound perfectly ludicrous. So here I am, list in hand (augmented by other equally sensible moms), ready to share all the absurd yet befitting things we say!

No comments:

Post a Comment