Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Sunday, January 24, 2010

"Stop! Get the banana out of your pants, please."

Oh my, I sure didn't want to say this one but I had to. I just had to. My daughter had gotten a play shopping cart full of food and some random items were on the floor. My youngest son picked up a few things and was playing ever-so-innocently with them when, all of a sudden, I see him shove the play banana down his pants and start laughing. Before I could stop myself, those words flew out of my mouth and by the time I got to the 'please' I was almost whispering. I didn't really want my other kids to hear me say that and repeat it. I mean, how would I explain that to my son's teacher??

No comments:

Post a Comment