Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Monday, January 25, 2010

"Why are there red speckles on your forehead?...

...There are red speckles on your forehead because you've been crying about beans!"

My dear hubby said that just last night. He was trying to reason with our 7 year old about the black beans I put in the enchiladas. Apparently my son has a great aversion to beans because he saw them in there and got really, really upset. My sweet, reasonable, level-headed husband took him in the other room and began calmly explaining that beans were nothing to cry about, that he himself did not like pinto beans but he didn't cry when he saw them, that crying over beans was, in fact, an unnecessary thing to do and actually quite silly. He then pointed out the 'red speckles' on our son's forehead and took him into the bathroom to see for himself. I heard my son laughing even before my husband got to finish his profound statement and as they both came back into the kitchen I asked if it would be okay if I quoted him. He just smiled and said, "Can I quote you? I heard you just tell our youngest to stop licking the tortilla bag."

No comments:

Post a Comment