Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Thursday, September 23, 2010

"Did I poop on you?"

Let me begin by clarifying that my son said this to me, NOT the other way around. Okay then.

I'm not really sure how far I want to go with this because it entails an earlier, related incident that would stray too far from the current one. So instead I've decided to ask that you use your imagination and be prepared for little kid bathroom humor. Yesterday morning my little guy had just taken a bath and was sitting on my lap, wrapped in a towel. We were talking to my hubby and basically just cuddling and hanging out when my son, well, farted. He said excuse me, my husband and I continued talking and all was well. Then after a few seconds my son looked up at me, very concerned and even a bit frightened, and asked me the posted question. (Here's where earlier related incident comes into play - something about him relating the passing of gas to other familiar smells...). I assured him that no accidents had occurred and hubby and I proceeded to laugh. I gave little man a hug then helped him get dressed and we all continued our day with a smile on our faces. How did you start your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment