Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Monday, September 20, 2010

"If you sniff me again I'm going to tickle you."

Either I've become immune to crazy talk or I'm just repeating myself because for the past few days I haven't really written anything down. And I know I've been talking because, well, it would just be plain weird if I weren't. So I started thinking back on this past weekend and what we'd done as a family and the various scenarios that have occurred and have been trying to replay conversations and interactions to see if any one or two particular exchanges stick out as particularly hilarious or even mildly amusing. So far, nothing has jumped out at me. I even had a friend confess that at first, he wasn't sure how I was coming up with all these quotes, but then he and his wife spent a week with us and quickly realized that you almost can't help the oddities that come out of your mouth daily. So I knew there was something I was missing. And so I thought back to last night, before bedtime, and remembered that my daughter kept intermittently sniffing me. Not the deep drawn out breaths of my son a while back, but short sniffs in various areas followed by quiet giggles. After a few sniffs I was pretty much done with whatever 'game' this was so I explained to her what would happen if another sniff was attempted. We came to an understanding and the episode was over, but it really didn't seem worth writing down. Until now. I suppose these situations occur so often that I'm having trouble stepping back and actually listening to myself. So that's what I'll try to do again. Pretend my friends are back in the house listening, or my brother can hear every word say, and take note that some things just aren't 'normal.' But I suppose pretending people are around when they aren't isn't really 'normal' either...

No comments:

Post a Comment