Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Thursday, September 16, 2010

"Please don't lick the iPad."

...or the table, or my face, or your sister's hand, or pretty much anything else except maybe some ice cream or a lollipop. This whole subject was covered months ago and many of you wrote in with your own licking experiences, but I felt the need to add to it, since I, well, had more to add. And I have one more from an unknown mother. I overheard this in a store bathroom the other day and I almost laughed out loud, but I stopped myself for fear of maybe being arrested or something. This is what I heard:

Mom: Oh no, don't lick that.
Son: Uuhh
Mom: Ew stop, I said don't lick it.
Son: Why not?
Mom: Because, just no. Put your tongue back in your mouth and let's go.

I didn't get to see mom's expression or child's face, and I'm still unsure what was truly going on but I really felt for that woman and could hear the anguish in her voice. I mean, it was a public bathroom.....

No comments:

Post a Comment