Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Thursday, September 9, 2010

"That won't make my feet smell like bread."

I don't suppose anything would really, short of stepping on some, but the little guy thought there was a connection somehow between the bread he was eating and how his feet smelled. His sister was joking around, telling me to smell her feet (naturally) and saying they smelled yummy, like bread. So sweet boy took a bite and smelled his own feet. "Mmm," he said, "smells like bread." Then he came over to me and said, "Here mommy, have some. Then I can smell your feet." I just had to break it to him, I just couldn't let him go around thinking that whatever you ate influenced the smell of your feet, I just wanted him to be informed. My friends, who were sitting at the table and heard the whole exchange, thought it was all pretty funny. And I can honestly say I didn't initially notice anything peculiar about any of it until I heard chuckles. Just another 'day at the office' for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment