Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Saturday, September 11, 2010

"It's okay, I won't cook you."

Yeah, I know, that sounds a bit creepy. And I almost left out that first part just for effect, but then I thought nah, it was part of the whole exchange so it needs to be included. My 3 year old was looking a bit frightened and his nervous laugh and hesitant steps backwards let me know that the game was over. I was just kidding when I said his arm would be tasty. I was just joking when I said his leg would be yummy after I grilled it. I was just playing when I said his cheeks would be delicious in a salad. At first he laughed and simply said, "Mommyyyyy no." Then it escalated to him running away a bit and saying, "No, mommy." And then he ran, stopped with eyes wide open and said "Mommy, NO. I just want a hug." As cute as it all was, I knew when was when and assured him that all was well. Then I ended the whole fiasco with an assurance of him not being cooked and eaten and lastly stated, "I'll just give you a hug." I think I noticed a slight hesitation before he ran over to me and gave me a full-on bear hug. You know what they say...it's all fun and games 'til someone gets eaten. Or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment