Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"Mommy, can I lie down on it?"


That's what my little man said as soon as I put the new rug down in the kitchen. "I wike it," he continued. The other 2 children agreed. Yep, I liked it too. CSN Stores did it again - they sent a quality product that really adds a nice touch to my home's decor. When it got here 2 days ago and I put it down, I was a bit concerned that it would collect too much dirt and might be difficult to clean, but after dropping diced onions on it, littering it with biscuit crumbs and having my dog 'test it out,' I saw that with one quick vacuum the rug was bright and fluffy again. And the pattern really adds color to the room (which it seemed to be lacking - something I didn't really notice until pretty rug arrived). This Country Blue Southwestern Rug was a little stretch from our current 'whatever' theme we've got going on, but it's really fun and might even give our kitchen some direction. I think it'll last quite a while in our busy house and it's big enough to cover the not-yet-redone floor. All of my kids felt the need to touch it and test it for softness (that was my oldest's favorite aspect) so when my youngest asked me to join him on the rug, I happily agreed. We actually all snuggled on it for a minute, which I'm sure would have been quite a site.

No comments:

Post a Comment