Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Monday, December 20, 2010

"Hey buddy, you've got some rice on your, um...

nipple."

We're all adults here, right? (at least physically) So although I was hesitant in using that word I figured we could all handle it and no one would be offended. Plus, it's just downright hilarious. This is a classic example of something you never thought you would ever say to anyone, let alone your 3 year old son. Or maybe that's just me. Anyway...here's the reason why my husband said such a very weird thing: Last night our youngest decided he was not going to wear a shirt for the rest of the day. We had just gotten back from a weekend away, he had just taken a bath and asked to wear only pants. We weren't going anywhere so hubby and I said sure, no problem. Fast forward a few hours to dinner. Little guy was happily chowing down on his rice when hubby, who was sitting across from him, noticed some on his chest. I was in my own little world when I hear my husband say our son's name. I zone back in only to see my husband gesturing oddly and looking uncomfortable. When I hear the beginning of the sentence I look across the table and see what is going on. I wait expectantly to hear how he will end his statement. He glances at me as he speaks, his eyes pleading with me to help him out. I don't. He finishes, our son looks down and says, "Oh," as he scoops it up and pops it in his mouth. I look away as I try my best to silently laugh, but my other children see my shoulders moving and what is surely a tear rolling down my cheek and ask what is so funny. I just say, "Oh, daddy makes me laugh," and fake a sip of water. I want to give my hubby a big hug or even shake his hand because I know how awkward that must have been. But I also know he's a kid at heart and just wanted to blurt out, "I just said 'nipple' at the dinner table!"

No comments:

Post a Comment