Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Sunday, December 12, 2010

"No, sticking gum up your nose isn't funny."

I realize that I just wrote a post about another 'sticking something up the nose' situation and thought about spacing them further apart but I think that it's because of the previous incident that we had this second one. Follow me? And I think that maybe because I was so nonchalant about the button my youngest figured all bets were off and it was now alright to put anything up there. But I don't really know. All I do know is that he came waltzing into the kitchen the other morning, giggling, and showed me what was up his nose, saying it was so funny. When I tried to set the record straight he just looked at me in all seriousness and said (with the gum still hanging partly out of his nose), ''Yes it is." For a split second I thought about continuing the conversation but thankfully I realized the ridiculousness of doing that and kept my mouth shut. Although I did think to myself "No it's not." Or was that out loud?

No comments:

Post a Comment