Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Friday, December 31, 2010

"It's okay, you can throw up on me."

Happy New Year!

La la la, taxiing out of the Phoenix airport. Little guy throws up all over himself, the seat, and me.
I clean up all that I can while he remains as pale as he can be.

Flight attendant doesn't think he should fly. Calls to return to gate.
Paramedics called but I'm not sure why. I want to say he's fine, but it's too late.

Back and forth, the discussion goes. Co-pilot comes to see what's going on.
He's nice, he cares, passengers do not. They decide that we must be gone.

So we wait, and wait, while plans are made. A hotel? A new flight? We split up?
No flights back home 'til late that night. Sit for 10 hours while my guy throws up?

We're booked a hotel, we'll stay for the night. We might make it home the next day.
No guarantees, they say, so we play it by ear, while little guy sleeps and throws up. Hope he's okay...

No comments:

Post a Comment