Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"You sing while I button your pants."

Now this would be a bizarre thing for anyone to say but coming from my hubby made it all the more interesting. You have to understand, on the outside my husband looks pretty serious - he's tall, he teaches math, he works out, he rock climbs, he works on the house and cars, he loves technology, he's quite intelligent and looks at life logically. So sometimes when I hear some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth it makes me pause and, usually, cracks me up. And this time was no different. I wasn't even in the room but I had heard some singing, then silence, then the above statement, then more singing. I don't even know why, after all the years, but I'm still surprised by how matter-of-fact he can be. That guy makes me laugh on a regular basis but I think what I find most hilarious (and endearing) is how he speaks to our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment