Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Sunday, June 13, 2010

"Did that baby come out of your nose?" OR "Is that a baby booger?"

Background:
Camping at the coast this weekend, in the van on our way to play in the sand, I brought grapes as a snack. My kids like to find the smallest ones and say they found a 'baby.' Grapes were eaten quickly and garbage was thrown away. After a few minutes, the following conversation occurred between my 3 year old and me.

Conversation:
Son (in a sing-song voice): Look, I've got a baaaby
Me: What do you mean? What is that?
Son: It's a baby
Me: Where did you get that?
Son: It's a baby, he he he
Me: Is it a baby booger? (because i know all the grapes were eaten, not one was left)
Son: No, it's a baaaby
Me: Did that baby come out of your nose?
Son: Ha ha ha, giggle giggle
Oldest son: It did! It's a baby booger, ew!
End of conversation.

When you're camping, the rules are a little relaxed anyway, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment