Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Oh don't grab me, I'm holding pee."

I hadn't gotten the lid on the coffee cup yet. The liquid shook. I was frightened. We'd been on the road for a while and my husband had gotten out to get lunch. The boys had to go, my daughter and dog did not, so I grabbed an old disposable cup from breakfast and handed it to them. The cup was handed back to me and as I was searching for the lid my oldest grabbed my arm to show me something. For one split second I thought the cup was going, the dog would get it, and a bunch of toys and papers would head to the garbage ('cause i wasn't about to attempt to clean stuff in the mcdonald's bathroom). But my son gently let go, the liquid stablized and the lid was attached, without one single drop hitting the floor. Whew, that was close.

No comments:

Post a Comment