Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Friday, June 11, 2010

"I'll draw you a picture right after I put my pants on."

My daughter draws pictures all the time. All the time. But this morning she asked if I could draw her a picture, for a change. Sure, I said, in just a minute. I was apparently taking way too long to get started (since her repeated appeals were followed by frustrated sighs when i replied that i hadn't yet) so finally I had to give her a concrete reason why and some sort of visual time frame. But, just so you know, I actually wrote this post before I drew her picture (shh, don't tell her).

No comments:

Post a Comment