Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Saturday, June 26, 2010

"Your butt is really hot on my neck right now."

My friend didn't see this one coming. Neither did her husband, even though he's the one who said it. But it was true and he was simply making an observation. After the long hike, carrying their daughter on his shoulders the whole time, he was, understandably, fatigued and warm. The little girl had no interest in walking any part of the way so, like any sweet daddy, he propped her up on his shoulders and enjoyed the fresh air with his family. Toward the end of the hike, however (after a few other borderline dandies to both children) he makes this announcement. At first he didn't think twice about what he had just uttered, but my friend said she just started laughing and then he realized that yeah, maybe that would have sounded a bit strange to the casual observer. So she shared it with me. And now I've shared it with you. Thanks for the laugh S and K!!

No comments:

Post a Comment