Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"No...we don't keep poop in a bag, sweetie."

I wish I could accurately describe the look on my friend's face when she said these words to her 3 year old daughter. All I could do was just sit there and crack up. Our kids were running around playing and we were chatting in her living room the other morning when the little ones decided to check out their fish. My son happily watched the fish swim around while her daughter pointed out who was who. Then they went over to look at the frog and her daughter continued to astutely explain what everything was for. It was a sweet sight - my son eagerly absorbing all the new information, her daughter eloquently describing each item - when something suddenly caught our attention. We both looked over at each other, then back at the kids. Yep, she just said what we thought she said. Her daughter said it again, "...and here's the bag of poop, this is a rock..." Uh, that's the frog's food, honey. "Oh, ok. That's the food, not poop..." she continues. My friend and I look at each other again and I just start laughing, me having the mental picture of the look of astonishment on her face and her half-dazed questions that lingered in the air, "I wonder how long she thought that was poop...? Why would she think we saved poop...?"

No comments:

Post a Comment