Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"Don't stick the paddle up your nose."

He just thought that was so funny this morning. It still amazes me just what kids think is funny. I don't know why - you'd think I'd be less surprised or amused these days but I'm not. So after I say what I said, my son turns the paddle around and sticks it up his nose again, still thinking it's funny and still thinking I might too. And that's another thing that gets me - the innocent hope that their parents will somehow concede and find whatever it is they think is funny as hilarious as they do. And I have to admit, half (or more!) of the time their little antics have me in hysterics on the inside, but they don't know that...right? All they see is mommy with a straight face telling them to stop whatever craziness it is that they are doing and that whatever it is is not actually funny. But do they know that I sometimes turn around and let out a chuckle? Or run and recount the whole nutty event to my husband or brother or friend? Can they tell that I actually think they are funniest people in the world? Are they on to me??

No comments:

Post a Comment