Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Saturday, June 19, 2010

"Don't touch anything, not even yourself."

This one got a puzzled look from my oldest and I could tell he wanted to say something (like, huh? then how are we gonna...?). But he could tell by the grossed-out look on my face not to question the very strange words that escaped me. We've been traveling, the family and I, which would explain the lack of posts and the odd removal-then-reinstatement of the blog. Yeah, sorry about that. We've been camping in Idaho where the only Internet service was the General Store in the very small town a few miles away. I obviously didn't make it into town...too busy having fun rock climbing and hiking and playing. But now we're headed back home, back to bathrooms where you can't actually see the grime dripping from the walls. Okay, so maybe it wasn't dripping but when I walked into the gas station bathroom and took one look I instantly wanted to grab my children and spray them down with bleach. But I couldn't so the only thing I could do was try and impress upon them the seriousness of the situation. And I think I did. Job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment