Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Can you help him? He's stuck in the pillowcase."

Poor guy, he went in head first and then couldn't get out. He was just trying to be funny, then it all went terribly wrong. His world got black. His arms were trapped. The walls were closing in around him. He starts to cry. His brother, who was sitting near him in the back of the van, was looking out the window and therefore missing the show. His sister let out an empathetic 'ooh.' His father was busy driving, but could hear the change in tone - first laughter, then sadness. I, the mother, caught the whole transformation and knew that precious time would be lost if I tried to make my way back there, so I simply addressed my oldest and made the request. My husband chuckled, my daughter breathed a sigh of relief and my son just said, "Oh, sure." Free at last, my little guy, with tears still in his sweet eyes, let out a cry/laugh and said, "Thanks broder."

No comments:

Post a Comment