Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"There's a naked guy in the kitchen."

Now, I understand that it's completely possible that others have said this. I'm fully aware that, in different circumstances, this observation would be very fitting to the situation at hand. I can only imagine, very creatively I might add, where and how these words would fly out of someone's mouth. In fact, perhaps even one of you has let this slip at some point, possibly during those experimental college years...? But I'm not here to judge. Just report. And that's what I was simply doing. I was innocently pointing out what I encountered. We were doing a 'speed clean' the other morning where the kids would gather up as many items as they could find and put them where they belonged. I was doing a sweep when I came across what I came across so I made that announcement and moved on. But now that I've shared my personal 'why' it seems pretty darn boring, huh? I should have been purposely vague and left it at something like, "...I turned the corner and wow, my eyes could barely focus because of the sight before them. There, in all its glory, was the perfect figure of a man, unclothed, lying on the floor next to the fridge..."

1 comment:

  1. You do such a great job writing the narrative of your stories I love to read them! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete