Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Friday, August 6, 2010

"Well, feel your own hair for softness."

The 2 oldest are in the back of the van. Daughter says, "Ouch."

Hubby looks in rear view mirror and asks son, "Did you pull her hair?"

"No," he replies, "I just touched it."

Skeptical of this answer, hubby and I look at each other before hubby continues, "Why did you touch it?"

Very thoughtfully, and rather quickly, our son gives this explanation: "I just wanted to feel the softness."

I let out a little chuckle. Nice one son, I think to myself.

Hubby, after only a slightly detectable pause, offers the above suggestion for the next time this urge might take hold of our son. Yes, feel free to use this one on your own children...or students...or anyone else, for that matter. Everyone in our car seemed appeased.

No comments:

Post a Comment