Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Thursday, August 12, 2010

"No, there are no ladybugs as big as your bottom."

This was my response to my daughter's question the other day as we were walking in the park. "Mommy," she slowly asked, "is it true that there are ladybugs as big as your bottom?" She likes ladybugs, but she did seem a little concerned about their possible size. I asked her where she got this information. She looked up, and with a strained face said, "My brother." I just laughed a bit, knelt down and assured her that she had nothing to worry about and that those cute little ladybugs would stay cute and little. Then she asked why her big brother would say such a thing. "Because big brothers like to say funny things to their little brothers and sisters." And in my head I was thinking, "Hmm, that was a good one..."

No comments:

Post a Comment