Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Sunday, August 22, 2010

"No, I'm not giving you anymore money. You swallowed that penny this morning."

The first sentence seems quite normal, right? Many a parent has said something along those lines so when I heard my friend say that, I didn't blink an eye. But that second sentence did make me pause. And she was dead serious. I kind of laughed and my friend then explained what happened, but I really shouldn't have been all that surprised. This cute little two year old eats rocks like nobody's business and if she can pick something up, it usually ends up in her mouth faster than you can say Jack Robinson (what a funny expression!). So then I told mama that it probably would be best if she took away the jar of coins that she had borrowed from my daughter that she was gripping onto for dear life and trying to hide from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment