Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Saturday, August 7, 2010

"Whatever it is, just say no thank you."

These incredibly profound, sincere, and yep I'll say it, wise words were uttered to my youngest after what seemed like endless attempts at understanding just what he was trying to tell me one of his cousins was trying to tell him to do. All I could get out of his sweet, little, highly-expressive rhetoric was the child's name. The name was preceded and followed by pointing and other animated gestures and I just got this feeling that whatever said child was trying to get my son to do probably wasn't in his best interests. So I calmly said what I said and sent him on his way, he seemingly quite satisfied with what I had just told him. One of my cousins, who happened to be sitting by me and caught the whole exchange, thought what I said was hilarious, classic, and highly useful and, right then and there, she vowed to use that one herself. Did I mention that she doesn't have any children? So I could only assume that her friends and coworkers would be in for a treat, and a little confusion, once she got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment