Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"Your daughter is really good at taking her clothes off."

This can go under the category of "Things you don't really want said about your child" or "Things you never want to hear."

However, I did say this to my friend a while back and I meant it in the nicest way possible. I was honestly impressed with her swiftness and speed - that little thing could have her pants off in 2 seconds flat - pretty impressive for a then-2 year old. My friend, who is pretty quick-witted, just smiled and said something like "Yeah, she can be naked before you finish a sentence. I'm so proud."

You gotta love your parent-friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment