Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"I can't grab your staff while I'm driving."

You can easily change out the word 'staff' with any number of words and this might very well have been you talking. I, for one, can replace it with 'foot,' 'tummy,' or 'nose' just to name a few. It's always been funny to me how my kids seem to wait until the most inopportune time to ask for something or need something or talk about something. Like as soon as I turn on the vacuum cleaner someone desperately needs to tell me something or when I'm in the shower and a child suddenly needs my presence elsewhere. No calamity seems to strike when I'm sitting right next to a little one but as soon as I get up to move, the earth begins to rumble. But that's what makes being a parent so fun, right? Never a dull moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment