Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Monday, November 22, 2010

"Would I ever shoot you?"

My husband looked deeply into our son's eyes, gently cradling our boy's sweet face, while he asked him this question. He followed it up with a sympathetic, "Huh buddy?" Little man looked back at his daddy and quietly answered, "No." Hubby quickly assented with a, "No, of course not. I would never shoot you. You're my little buddy." "Oh, okay daddy. I know, I know" (his new favorite phrase). The boys hugged, daddy gave him a big kiss, and all was right in the world once more.

Background info: Hubby recently got a paintball gun. Little man came in early one morning, sniffling, saying that his foot hurt and that daddy had shot him. When I asked him what he was talking about he pointed to his ankle, at an orange spot, and said, "See look, there. Daddy shot me." Hubby heard this and called him over to his side of the bed. He lifted him up and plopped him down in front of him, beginning the above conversation with this question: "Did you have a dream that I shot you with my paintball gun?"

No comments:

Post a Comment