Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Thursday, November 11, 2010

"You need to wear more than undies and daddy's slippers."

While you may look adorable, you just might get taken away from mommy if she let's you go outside and play like that. The neighbors might not think it's so cute and get concerned. I know you're hot right now but trust me, it's barely 40 degrees outside so you'd be begging for some pants in no time. Your sweet tummy will get very cold and anyway, playing 'capture the flag' in huge slippers could result in some serious scratches. I understand your hesitation and I'd have no problem if we weren't going anywhere, but the neighbor kids don't really need to see your skivvies, so go grab a shirt and pants and then we'll head outside, okay? Good job buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment