Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"Just don't put things down your undies."

Why not?
Just don't.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I kinda figured people knew this without having to be told. I guess it's one of those things that a parent needs to say early on just to make certain his or her child understands what not to do at times. But I didn't really explain much, did I? I left it pretty dry. I did think about elaborating and possibly mentioning things like how something might pinch something or how difficult it might be to extract an object or even just the whole yuck factor. But I chose not to. I chose to keep it simple. I chose not to have a long discussion about the placement of objects down one's underwear and the consequences resulting from such placements. My husband, on the other hand, is really good about breaking down a concept (say, marching on one's sister) and forming a sequence of logical events that ultimately results in all parties coming to a plausible and acceptable conclusion, ending with some sort of group hug. Aah, he's the peanut butter to my chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment