Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Saturday, May 22, 2010

"Don't throw chopsticks at the vacuum cleaner."

Now this is certainly something I never thought I would say to anyone. Why would this ever be an issue? Even if I were somewhere where chopsticks were prevalent and I were regularly cleaning up using various tools would this probably never come up. But it did. And I was in my own home where utensils are predominantly kept in drawers. But it was after school on a Friday and kids were home and full of energy and there was music playing and dancing going on and cleaning being done so, naturally, my 3 year old showed his excitement by throwing something. This time it happened to be a chopstick at the vacuum cleaner but next time it could be anything (really, 'cause who would have put those two items together before?), so I shut off the machine, said my peace, and we all carried on as if nothing strange had happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment