Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Saturday, May 29, 2010

"No you can't eat both the soccer ball and the bunny."

As a parent you come across many situations where you're forced to set up some arbitrary rule or make some absurd statement just to make a point. Sometimes you say things that really don't make any sense at all. And other times you're caught in a moment of frustration or panic and announce a completely unreasonable command that no one in their right mind should ever or could ever follow. This, however, was not one of those times. We were all calm, happy even, just hanging out and playing. The kids were so good, in fact, that I was willing to give in to their request for a treat. So we got out the Easter candy stashed on top of the fridge and the kids began perusing the selection. The only rule I made was that they could only have one. So when my youngest picked out two, I coolly stated that he needed to choose just one. He weakly insisted that he wanted both and that's when I said what I said. He chose the soccer ball, the candy was put away and we resumed our cheereful afternoon. So under what category would this fall? The I-just-said-something-really-odd-but-no-one-thought-it-was? Or perhaps the man-that-was-weird-what-just-came-out-of-my-mouth? Or even the I-can't-believe-no-one-giggled-at-that? What do you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment