Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Thursday, May 20, 2010

☺"Looks like daddy figured something out, huh?"☺

Oh, my hubby was quite proud of himself and the look on our son's face told him that he, indeed, had thwarted all future plans of successful escape. The other night our oldest was having trouble going to sleep (perhaps because he kept getting up?? I recently tried to reason that he couldn't possibly fall asleep if he was up walking around every 5 minutes. Perfect logic, but apparently only to me). Anyway, hubby and I were downstairs and would occasionally hear some hushed footsteps upstairs or a door quietly open or close and so we would go up to see our son in the shadows, whispering that he simply had to use the restroom or that he needed a certain object to sleep with. Finally having had enough, my husband grabbed a cane(?) from our room and showed my son (who was in the bathroom again) that he was going to place the cane precariously between the doorknob and the railing so that it would fall if anyone opened the door from the inside. I think I remember hearing an, "Aha!" before the great revelation but I certainly remember my husband bounding down the steps with a big smile on his face. No 7 year old was gonna outwit my man that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment