Welcome to Mommy (and Daddy) Lingo!

Hi and thanks for visiting this site. As a mother of 3 I've said some pretty odd stuff over these past 10 years and thought it would be fun to write a bunch of them down.



And now, with the encouragement of my brother, I'd like to share some of these unconventional, yet practical, phrases. Enjoy!


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"If you step on someone's face, they will get sad - it doesn't feel good."

Why do I feel like I've said similar words before? Hmm. Anyway, I'm trying a different approach to correcting such behavior. I feel that these kinds of occurrences where it's a semi-accident need to be addressed differently than, say, a kid-version of a malicious act. I know my 3 year old was only trying to get off the couch this morning but he failed to take into account that his sister was lying down right where his foot would land. Perhaps I was simply trying to open his eyes, so to speak. Perhaps I was trying to tap into his emotions and help him empathize. Perhaps I was just trying not to say, "Why would you do that?! Watch where you're stepping! or the ever-effective, Would you like it if I stepped on your face?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment